Saturday, March 14, 2009

Can’t believe this

I spoke with Linda Smith last night as she was driving home at 1:30 in the morning. She called I think so I could help her stay awake. We were all out in the garage here cleaning and getting everything ready for the sale the next morning. I was telling her all about the AKC and hearing about the new planned Annual event fee.
I can’t understand why they want to charge us $25 per dog, per year to show our dogs . We are the reputable breeders that go to great lengths and expense to breed ethically. Then when I started thinking about it, I thought well this is because our clubs are sanctioned with them and our shows are linked to them and their is less of a chance we can just run somewhere else to register our dogs. If they were to impose fee increases on all “breeders” they would lose more of the “puppymill” breeders who may intern run to another registry, which would cause the AKC to lose more money. I just will never understand such a thought as justification for such unjust actions.
Dea Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment