Thursday, August 7, 2008

October ALAC National Specialty week is getting closer!

I called the hotel today, and double checked our reservation that Dea and I had reserved for the ALAC National Specialty, which is held every year in October. This will be our first National so needless to say we are very excited to attend. We will be arriving the night of the 19th and be leaving good ol' Boston Mass. on the 26th . It will be interesting trip because we will not be flying strait into Boston we will be flying to Newark N.J to introduce the Gallo's to there new baby. There new family addition will be old enough to go to his new home by this time :) Dea and I then will be driving to Boston with one or 2 of our dogs. We are not sure yet who we will be bringing along. Any thoughts as to who we should bring? I do wish I could bring all 4 of our kids we are currently showing, but feel it would be to stressful for them being it is such a long way to travel from Utah, and not to mention the airlines are now charging more money for dogs who ride in cabin. Delta has raised it to $150.00 one way ... so $300.00 round trip. *Yikes* I won't even mention what they have raised Cargo Delta Dash for pets to. I still think it is extremely laughable that the public is under some kind of misconception that we make money hand over fist breeding dogs. They are shocked that a weekend of showing can quickly add up to $700 or at times $1000. For us in Utah that is the reality of it! This my friends is just the cost of the show entries, travel expenses 7 hrs or more, and then Hotel! I know back East it is much more affordable because the long travel is not needed, because there is a lot more AKC shows, and they are closer to your home turf. I am just thankful for the moment that the gas prices haven't continued to rise. I can't help but think how this will affect the dog show world.... I have noticed that entries for all Breed Shows is down.

If anyone is interested in the National Specialty, and would like to know more about it... you can click the link which will take you to the American Lhasa Apso Club's website http://www.lhasaapso.com/ We have been collecting items for the clubs annual Raffle which is a fun raiser to help ALAC in many capacities. If anyone has anything they would like to donate please let me know, anyone can donate. Donations can also be contributed for the Bingo for Lhasa Rescue which will also be taking place at the National. Please e-mail or call me if you want to donate! 801-495-9247 or CarringtonLhasas@hotmail.com
Lhasa Regards,
Goldy Marie
Just a cute short video of Rider at the Montana hotel
checking himself out in the mirror! :) hehe


















No comments:

Post a Comment